sourcenav deb dir layout

Ben Elliston bje@redhat.com
Wed Oct 18 00:16:00 GMT 2000

   What is the reasoning behind bringing a copy of grep and other utils
   with sourcenav? Is it for systems not having it?  If so, can I safely
   exclude it from the Red Hat packages?

The version of grep that is built by S-N includes a number of command line
options that were necessary to make it work better with S-N -- for instance,
it emitted progress indication to stderr which S-N used to give visual
feedback of grep's progress.

I believe the current version eliminates the need for a special version of
grep, but I could be mistaken.  I'll leave that up to one of the current
team to speak about.

Ben