sourcenav deb dir layout

Mike A. Harris mharris@opensourceadvocate.org
Tue Oct 17 23:45:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Eray 'exa' Ozkural wrote:

>Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:36:36 +0300 (EEST)
>From: Eray 'exa' Ozkural <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
>To: sourcenav@sources.redhat.com
>Subject: sourcenav deb dir layout
>
>The following is the dir layout of sourcenav package:
>
>There are several problems with it. It doesn't seem to comply with
>FHS or GNU coding standards. I can fix some of it, but ultimately
>you should decide how it will play nicely with a system.
>What is your opinion?
>
>-- usr
>    |-- bin
>    |-- html
>    |   |-- progref
>    |   `-- userguide
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't like those 2 dirs.  They bind "progref, userguide" to
sourcenav, however 40 packages could have dirs named
"userguide".  Perhaps:

 html

 ----sourcenav

     ----progref
     ----userguide

No ambiguity then.  Actually, /usr/share/html would be a better
place IMHO, but....  ;o)

TTYL

      Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open source advocate
              Computer Consultant - Capslock Consulting
                 Copyright 2000 all rights reserved