SN for Red Hat (was Re: Sourcenav for debian)

Mike A. Harris mharris@opensourceadvocate.org
Tue Oct 10 11:40:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Mo DeJong wrote:

>> >Great! We really appreciate you help getting SN
>> >packaged up for debian. You are going to run into
>> >the old Tcl/Tk version problems, but I am sure you
>> >already know about that. SN is going to be easier
>> >to get working with Tcl/Tk 8.3.2
>> >(when compared to insight), but it is work
>> >that still needs to be done and tested on all
>> >the platforms we support.
>>
>> I'm working on SN packages for Red Hat as well.  Any
>> suggestions/advice you may have would be very much appreciated.
>
>My advice would be, don't bother. We are planning on making
>RPMs for SN once 5.0 is out. This is going to be a long
>process because we also need to update our Tcl and Tk
>installs. When finished, SN will use Tcl/Tk 8.3.2,
>but that is still some months off.

Hmm..  I'm going to take a stab at it anyway just to see what
problems arise as I hate mixing RPM's and tgz installs on a Red
Hat system.  If it is too messy, I might just drop the idea
after, but I want to have a shot at it anyways.

I'll post my results here.

Thanks for the warning.  ;o)