Sourcenav for debian

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Mon Oct 9 15:53:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Eray 'exa' Ozkural wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm building a debian package for sourcenav.

Great! We really appreciate you help getting SN
packaged up for debian. You are going to run into
the old Tcl/Tk version problems, but I am sure you
already know about that. SN is going to be easier
to get working with Tcl/Tk 8.3.2
(when compared to insight), but it is work
that still needs to be done and tested on all
the platforms we support.

> I've managed to
> configure and compile sourcenav for debian, making small changes
> where necessary but the "make install" seems to get stuck in a
> loop:
>
> The source is configured and built in a parallel directory.
> Then,
>
> cd $(builddir)/snavigator; \
> $(MAKE) install prefix=$(installdir) DESTDIR=$(debdir)/tmp \
> mandir=$(installdir)/share/man \
> infodir=$(installdir)/share/info \
> SN_SDK_EXEC_PREFIX=$(installdir)

Could this be a problem related to passing prefix=$(installdir) to
the make install goal? I doubt we have tested that. We know it
works when you run ./configure with a --prefix argument, but
that is the only way it is currently "supported".

cheers
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc