Source navigator roadmap, features list, etc.?

Timothy M. Shead tshead@k-3d.com
Wed Oct 4 02:42:00 GMT 2000

leonp@plris.com wrote:

> At 16:02 03/10/2000 -0700, Mo DeJong wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, William Gacquer wrote:
>>  > 9/ a autoconf/automake project creation as in kdevelop
>>
>> This one is hard to do in a general way, but we could do
>> something like writing a configure.in for the user in the
>> same way that we write a Makefile.
>
> As far as I was able to understand the SN was designed for use also
> (mainly?) in Embedded Programming, where you need to have a little bit
> simpler and closer approach to a lot of build process parameters.
> Absence of this simple approach in kdevelop (which is very good IDE!)
> was the main reason that I left my attempts to sufficiently and
> comfortably integrate the embedded projects into it, while one of the
> main difficulties was this autoconf/automake stuff. I shall be very
> disappointed if this issue will be introduced also in SN, which is my
> only IDE today.

Remember that you can always use external commands to build any way you
like - I prefer to use my own makefiles, so my "Build Command" is set to
"make", "Directory" to my top-level project directory, and "Build
Targets" to "<External Makefile>".  This shouldn't make anyone nervous :)

Timothy M. Shead