Some Python (and other) questions

Kirby, Dave dkirby@orchestream.com
Mon Oct 2 07:17:00 GMT 2000

I have recently upgraded to 4.5.2 for its Python support, and have some
questions.

Firstly, the python support seems to be only partial - nothing shows up in
the class view and the Xref and Include tabs are greyed out.  However the
information for the classes, methods etc are in the database since they can
be seen in the Retriever view, so what gives?  Is this a bug in the python
parser?

Secondly, has anyone tried creating python wrappers for the SN  APIs?  This
would make it easy to write scripts for analysing the information in the DB
(as suggested by a previous poster) and for creating parsers written in
python.  I may have a go myself when I have time, but dont dont want to
duplicate the work if someone else has already done it.  It should be easy
using SWIG, and this would also enable the APIs to be called from TCL, Perl,
Guile etc.

Lastly, why doesnt the mailing list digest set the 'Reply To' field?  It is
a minor point, but it would make the list much easier to use.

	Dave K