Q: Where is the symbol window ?

dave.banham@tde.alstom.com dave.banham@tde.alstom.com
Mon Oct 2 02:45:00 GMT 2000

Fabrice,
The F4 key only works if you don't have num-lock selected! (I think this bug has
already been reported.)

I take your point about using the file list view in the symbol window, but I
very rarely do this because I am not using SN as an IDE tool - I only us it to
find program symbols and their relationships. However, on the odd occasion that
I have used the file list view I have found that filtering it with a file name
pattern that includes the extension doesn't work. e.g. '*fred.h' I have even
tried to escape the dot with a slash, but have had no success. So I end up using
'*fred*' instead.

Regards
Dave Banham

> If you are in the 'navigation' symbol window you can get the
> 'Symbols' window
> back by pressing F4 or from the menu bar as Windows->New
> Window->Symbols.

But F4 doesn't seem to work on the WinNT version.

> I personally find the 'Symbols' window to be of little use
> because I use the
> retriever to look up specific symbol and to show its position
> in the Editor
> window, which I have added as a second pane.

Except the retriever doesn't allow you to search for a specific file.

--
Fabrice Gautier
fabrice_gautier@sdesigns.com