Source navigator roadmap, features list, etc.?

Syd Polk spolk@redhat.com
Thu Sep 28 13:22:00 GMT 2000

At 09:44 PM 9/27/00 +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
>William Gacquer <wgacquer@ubisoft.fr> writes:
>
>[...]
>
> > 16/ what else?.... uhhh, I am sure I have missed something....
>
>More/better parsers.  Emacs lisp is an obvious one, but more
>immediately PHP would be *really* handy.
>
>Possibly there are significant limitations of many of the existing
>parsers, but the one that's really annoying us at the moment is C++:
>it seems that often, trying to xref methods gives nothing at all
>useful (indeed, often nothing at all).  Presumably this is because the
>C++ parser isn't up to the job.

The C++ parser has many bugs; we have not had time to fix them.

We will be putting up a GNATS database soon.

The parser we want the most is a perl parser.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.