silly question : how long would it take to make SN Gnome-comp lian t?

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Sun Sep 24 17:46:00 GMT 2000

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, William Gacquer wrote:

> I don't care about the GUI colors and so on. By "gnome-compliant", I meant
> "D&D-enabled" + a project file in XML ( XMI? ) etc...

Well, D&D is something that is being worked on for Tk 8.4, when it
is fixed in Tk it will be fixed in SN. Moving the project file
over to XML would mean we would need to add an XML parser,
it might not be a bad idea but it could be a lot of work.

> I asked that cos I believe that it would be easier to enhance SN by some
> kind of gnome-compliant interface. For instance, the include and xref graphs
> could be interfaced with DIA, the diagram editor.
>
> The very best would be to transform SN into a case tool able to treat UML
> diagrams.

That would be nice. Of course, someone would need to step up
to the plate and write the code. I don't think we will be doing
it anytime soon.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc