build problems with SN452

Todd Dukes tdukes@ibmoto.com
Tue Sep 19 08:37:00 GMT 2000

I have two problems with building the SN452-source tarball
on Solaris.

1. TK8.1 seems to want static X11 libraries in /usr/local/lib.
   Solaris doesn't come with static X11 libraries, and the so's
   are in /usr/lib. I fixed this be replacing all of the
      -Wl,-Bstatic -L/usr/local/lib -lX11 -lXext -lX11 -Wl,-Bdynamic
-ldl
   in the Makefiles with
      -L/usr/lib -lX11 -lXext -lX11

2. I typed 'make check' after building to completion and saw the error
   message 'runtest not found'. I did a find for runtest in both the
   source and build directories and could not find it.

Neither of these are severely inconvenient, but they may confuse
some people who are trying to build from source.

'make install' did work much better this time that with 4.5.1

thanks,
Todd.

--
   | Todd Dukes                      E-MAIL:  tdukes@ibmoto.com |
   | Motorola Somerset                  Phone:   (512) 996-4865 |