silly question : how long would it take to make SN Gnome-complian t?

Bruce Stephens bruce.stephens@messagingdirect.com
Tue Sep 19 06:44:00 GMT 2000

Tee Y Teoh <tee_yong.teoh@alcatel.com> writes:

> Ian Roxborough wrote:
>
> > Maintain two UIs, one GTK compliant, one for the rest
> > of the work, just won't fly.
>
> What about porting to wxWindows ? wxWindows is support on
> MS-Windows, Unix/Motif, Unix/GTK, and Mac (with work going on for
> OS/2). wxWindows is written in C++ and has a Python binding. See
> http://www.wxwindows.org/ for more info.

That might be technically a good thing if one were going to rewrite
the GUI.  I'm guessing it's not going to be a priority for RedHat,
though.

The current plan looks better: try to remove the specific patches for
Tcl and Tk, and try to remove Tix.  Presumably there are similar plans
for Insight?

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
MessagingDirect(UK) Ltd		<URL: http://www.MessagingDirect.com/ >