Help: database locked!

Ian Roxborough irox@redhat.com
Thu Sep 14 18:59:00 GMT 2000

Unfortunately, if the database is corrupted, then yes you'll have
to rebuild the database.  Currently we don't have any utilities
to recover corrupt database files.

If you're feeling adventurous, then you could have a look in
<install-dir>/share/gui/misc.tcl and have a look at the
procedure sn_read_project.  This is where we test if we can
even open the file and if we can, then test if the database
is currently open by another project.

(Of course if you want to get nasty you could just comment out
or removed the checks so it just opens it anyway......?)

Window 98/95 is probably our least tested platform, so please
share any interesting findings.

Ian.

P.S.: Basic Tcl knowledge required.