Q: Project management

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Thu Sep 14 16:22:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Tee Y Teoh wrote:

> Hello,
>     Is it possible to do the following:
>
> 1) Use the same generated project and share it between several designers
> ?
>
> 2) Do incremental updates to the database ?
>
> Our source tree is large...over 8,000 files and it takes around 8 hours
> to generate the database from scratch. Hence the above two questions
> will aid us greatly. We are using SN 4.5.1.
>
> Note: I looked into the User Guide and did not come across any such
> discussions. Did I miss something ?

Source-Navigator's has a "single user" database model. This is
part of the existing design and not something that can be
changed easily.

Once the project is parsed, it will update individual files
when the mod time of the file changes.

Basically, each developer needs to have a copy of
the project on the local machine.

I hope that helps.
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc