Q: Project management

Bruce Stephens bruce.stephens@messagingdirect.com
Thu Sep 14 09:41:00 GMT 2000

Syd Polk <spolk@redhat.com> writes:

> Tee Y Teoh wrote:

[...]

> > 2) Do incremental updates to the database ?
>
> Source-Navigator does support incremental updates. You should just
> open the project again after your source has changed, and it will
> refresh. You can force this by selecting the "Refresh Project"
> command from the menus.

The databases will tend to grow over time if you do this, though.
There's an example somewhere of using dbcp (or hyper) to copy the
databases in a project (which will produce smaller databases).

Generally the size of these databases doesn't matter, but if they're
big, using dbcp to copy them can help significantly.  Indeed, on a
freshly created project I found doing this halved the size of the
database.

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
MessagingDirect(UK) Ltd		<URL: http://www.MessagingDirect.com/ >