Capturing Build Output on Win32

Stan Mitchell stanm@sourcequest.com
Mon Aug 28 07:56:00 GMT 2000

Hi Thomas,

Setting up and extending the environment of a spawned process
is something that I have found to be very useful too. I wrote
a separate tool (premake.exe) that does what you describe. It
takes a "config" file that defines an environment for a particular
target. Custom targets can be named (vc6, vc5, etc.) and a
specific environment loaded for them by referencing a section of
the config file.

I worked on preMake in '99 but haven't done much with it recently.
Sources are available at www.sourcequest.com\software.html. I
believe it is now "hardcoded" to work only with nmake.exe but it
could be modified to support other make programs too.

If there is interest in premake, I could put together some
documentation, and add a binary only download.

-Stan