Source Navigator 4.5.1 -> Configure problem -> Unpacking the tar file gives a checksum error

Ben Elliston bje@redhat.com
Sun Aug 27 19:04:00 GMT 2000

   I had the same problem with the tar: directory checksum error. It
   seams to be a Sun tar problem. I took a gnu version of tar, recompiled
   it under SunOS and then untar SN451.tar with it and it works. The
   checksum error desappear.

The S-N distribution archives should not require GNU tar to unpack them.
This is obviously a really confusing point for newcomers.  There are
compatibility options for GNU tar, mentioned in the Automake documentation
(and used by `make dist').

Ben