Class of array in Java is not understood by SN 4.51?

Syd Polk spolk@redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 11:49:00 GMT 2000

At 11:13 AM 8/23/00 -0700, Gregory Steuck wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>First of all, thanks a lot for the great (really great) product. I can't
>imagine how I could live without it before.
>
>I noticed a small bug in java files parsing. The following class is
>a valid java file. However if I add this file to a SourceNavigator
>project, it can not be parsed.
>
>public class a {
>     public void t() {
>         Class boo = String[].class;
>     }
>}
>
>I'm getting an error:
>Error: put_symbol argument #3 must not be empty, type: (cl), line: 4 file:
>a.java
>Input parameter (#8) must not be NULL file: a.java line: 4
>
>Thanks
>Greg

Unfortunately, the java parser was written with an expensive proprietary
compiler-compiler that Cygnus/Red Hat never purchased. Making bug fixes is
tough.

We have use GNU gcj in the past to parse java. We could revive that. It is
some work, but I think it would be worth it.

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.