Successful "make install".....almost.....

Syd Polk spolk@redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 12:50:00 GMT 2000

Can you give me an ls from your source directory and an ls from your build
directory if your build directory is different?

At 03:41 PM 8/17/00 -0700, rwolf@enhanced.com wrote:
>Thank you for your prompt response...
>
>When i do a find for this directory i get:
>
>/SN451/tix/unix/tk8.1
>/SN451/tk8.1
>

>Syd Polk wrote:
> >
> > In your source tree, do you have a tk8.1 directory?
> >
> > In your build tree, do you have a tk8.1 directory? tk8..1/unix?
> > tk8.1/unix/libtk8.1.a?
> >
> > rwolf@enhanced.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I am building source navigator on a Linux/Debian box
> > > and everything seems to run smoothly until the end,
> > > ./configure generates no errors, "make install" runs
> > > and seems to be fine until the end when the message
> > > below appears:
> > >
> > > ld: cannot open -ltk8.1: No such file or directory
> > > make[2]: *** [itcl_wish] Error 1
> > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/SN451/itcl/src'
> > > make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/SN451/itcl'
> > > make: *** [install-itcl] Error 2
> > >
> > > and then make exits.....obviously something related
> > > to tcl but i am no expert, any ideas would be appreciated...
> > >
> > > also i am running the Windows binaries and the install
> > > was flawless, my compliments to the team for such a
> > > useful app. and to redhat for releasing it.
> > >
> > > Thank You,
> > >
> > > Randy
> > >
> > > --
> > > Randall Wolf - rwolf@enhanced.com
> > > Systems Administrator
> > > Intech Enhanced Investment Technologies
> > > 561.775.1111
>
>--
>Randall Wolf - rwolf@enhanced.com
>Systems Administrator
>Intech Enhanced Investment Technologies
>561.775.1111

Syd Polk		spolk@redhat.com
Engineering Manager	+1 415 777 9810 x 241
Red Hat, Inc.