Invalid tar file for Source Navigator

Bruce Stephens bruce.stephens@messagingdirect.com
Fri Aug 11 13:02:00 GMT 2000

Mo DeJong <mdejong@cygnus.com> writes:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Lujo, Rodrigo wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The source tar file SN451.tar.gz that has been posted at your ftp site
> > and elsewhere will produce a checksum error during extraction
> > vi gunzip | tar xvf -.  It must be corrupted.
> >
> > Figure you would like to know.
>
> I just downloaded and extracted it without error. Did you
> FTP it in binary mode?

It's probably a GNU tar vs other tar thing.  I've had it once or twice
before.  I didn't notice any problems with the SN tarballs either
(using GNU tar).  I *did* have problems with the patches---what
version of patch should be used?

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
MessagingDirect(UK) Ltd		<URL: http://www.MessagingDirect.com/ >