diff and block select

Mark Clayton clayton@shore.net
Thu Aug 10 17:56:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000, Mo DeJong wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Mark Clayton wrote:
>
> > I was trying out SN over the weekend.  Two things I would like
> > to suggest are a colorized gui diff, and a block select.  Maybe
> > I mised these and they are already there somewhere?
>
> You can do a "colorized gui diff" of files in the revision
> control editor or from the menu item Tools -> Revision Contorol
> -> Compare Revisions.

Oh yea, this feature is very useful.  I like to diff my file
before checking in so that I don't leave in some useless test
code.

> Perhaps you mean comparing two files, you can do that but it
> would not be all that hard to add such a feature.

It would be nice to diff and merge files for those times that
you get a file changed by a customer.  I also diff trace logs
a lot or directory trees.  Anyhow...

> > Also, is there a way to add my own command line tools and have
> > the stdout captured in one of the SN windows?
>
> I am not sure what "command line tools" you are talking
> about. You can add your own compiler tool chain. If you
> are talking about running something during the build,
> you can just type something into the "Build Command"
> input box and hit enter.

Okay, that'll work, but I was looking for something where
I can add my own tool to the menu.  For instance I use
PC-Lint a lot and I like to run it from the menu.  I also
write a lot of embedded code where it's nice to add a menu
option where I can run the flash utility or a specialized
resource compiler.

Thanks,
Mark
--