SourceNavigator 4.5.1 : Parsing a given header file hangs cbrowser

Gilles J. Seguin segg@infonet.ca
Thu Aug 3 14:55:00 GMT 2000

Joe Van Andel wrote:

> First, thanks for releasing such a nice product as Open Source.  I
> really appreciate your efforts.
>
> I build 4.5.1 on Redhat 6.2 (Pentium).
>
> When I create a new project that contains the following header file
>
> FilterParams.h
> ----------------------
>
> class {
>  public:
>     FilterParams(float *
>     int numParams;
>     float *params;
>
> } FilterParams, *FilterParamsPtr;
> ----------------------------
>
> cbrowser hangs forever.

We certainely do not want that.

> Note there is a syntax error in this header file - a missing
> parenthesis on the ctor declaration.
> Once I fixed this bug, cbrowser runs as expected.
>
> However, it would be nice if cbrowser had a more resilient error
> recovery strategy :-)

Must we provide a dialog asking for conformance to strict C++,
to different level of the standard.  And at he lowest level let
it be a fuzzy C parser.

I am very tempted to allow, get information from *.o file if
they are available, and even more if the object file was
compile with the debug information turn on.
Ask where library/executable genereted by this project are if any.