Compiling on Windows /NT

Andrew Brackley Andrew_Brackley@cwb.com
Wed Aug 2 06:26:00 GMT 2000

I'm using visual studio 6.0 along with the latest version of cygwin.

I've followed the readme files, plus notes made by other people on the mailing
list but still can't get source code navigator to compile.
The error I am getting is:

tclWin32Dll.c
../../../SN451/tcl8.1/win/tclWin32Dll.c(420) : error C2065: 'try' : undeclared
identifier

In the source there is a try/except block that is surrounded by an #ifndef
__GNUC__ clause.

By including a #define __GNUC__ statement, I get further but then the following
error occurs:

tclWin32Dll.c
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\VC98\INCLUDE\io.h(105) : error C2632: 'long' followed by
'long' is illegal

I think that this error relates to the timezone definition.

Please help !!

This e-mail has been prepared using information  believed  by  the  author
to be reliable and accurate, but CWB makes  no  warranty  as to accuracy or
completeness. In particular CWB does not  accept  responsibility  for
changes  made to this e-mail after it was sent.  Any  opinions expressed in
this document are those of the author and do  not  necessarily reflect the
opinions of the company or its affiliates. They may be subject to change
without notice.