Infrastructure work

Ben Elliston bje@redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 17:09:00 GMT 2000

   This would be cool, but then we are dependent on the user having a
   "clean" Tcl version (Some Tcl/Tk apps require core patching before
   they run).  (Of course I'm assume you mean that we should load into
   the users local Tcl/Tk and not a version from us.)

Couldn't snavigator's configure script test the installed Tcl/Tk to
determine if it was usable?  That's precisely what Autoconf is for!

Yes, that's what I meant.

   > 	* Making the syntax highlighters loadable libraries, too.

   Hmmmm, I like this one a lot.

Yeah.  It'd also be nice to make Berkeley DB a loadable library, too.
Perhaps they already allow it to be built shared?

Ben