Infrastructure work

Ian Roxborough irox@redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 16:38:00 GMT 2000

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Ben Elliston wrote:
> 	* Removing the dependency on Tix.

They are a number of things that can be done,
using BWidgets it one of my favs. also BLT, which
could also be use to replace the Tree Widget which
is more of plain than Tix.

> 	* Removing the dependency on local changes to Tcl and Tk.

We are actively working towards this.
(Are you using the development version?)

> 	* Making the extensions to the Tcl interpreter a loadable
> 	  library (ie. "hyper.so").

This would be cool, but then we are dependent on the user
having a "clean" Tcl version (Some Tcl/Tk apps require
core patching before they run).   (Of course I'm assume
you mean that we should load into the users local Tcl/Tk
and not a version from us.)

> 	* Making the syntax highlighters loadable libraries, too.

Hmmmm, I like this one a lot.

Ian.