RPM package

Artem Khodush kaa@comail.ru
Tue Aug 1 14:34:00 GMT 2000

> Now it's up to the sn team to integrate it directly into their CVS
> repository.

... if they find appropriate for themselves to maintain binary distribution.

> But I believe that this RPM distribution will fail cos' it's missing
> the recent patches, won't it?

When I wrote the spec file, there was no patches around, but it worked.
Anyway, before RPM distrubution becomes generally usable, some issues
should be sorted out, e.g. users expect the documentation for the package
FOO to appear in %{prefix}/doc/FOO, but sourcenav runtime help expects
it to be in %{prefix}/html. Also there might be a conflict between  tcl/tk
libraries wich are installed along with sourcenav and those already present
on user's system.

Best regards,
Artem.