how to uninstall sourcenav?

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Fri Jul 28 11:01:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Dan E. Kelley wrote:

> I tried
> 	make uninstall
> but it found no 'make' target.
>
> I wish to remove sourcenav since it only works if I'm logged in as root,
> and I think that's too dangerous for me.  (I won't go into the details of
> what happens if I'm not 'root' since I checked on this list and
> noticed several messages about this difficulty posted 10 days ago.)

You just need to run "chmod o+r $INSTALL/share/gui/tclIndex" to fix that.

> PS: this is not a 'flame' ... I'm sure sourcenav will be great later
> on.  But I'd like to clear out the version I have now, in hopes that later
> on I can freshly install a working version.  If somebody has an RPM of it,
> which permits trivial uninstallation, then I'd be delighted!!!

You can install with the prefix, like so:

./configure --prefix=${HOME}/sourcenav

Then remove it like so:

rm -rf ${HOME}/sourcenav

You can also find binaries at:

ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/sourcenav/releases/binaries/

Of course, if you already build it yourself you don't need a binary.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc