Perl support

Ben Elliston bje@redhat.com
Tue Jul 25 14:39:00 GMT 2000

   I'm currently working on a Python parser for SN. Things are a little
   complicated because I am on Win32 and not on *nix, also I want to use
   MSVC instead of gcc. But I make progress.

   How can I add syntax highlighting for a language?

It needs some improvement, but in essence, you need to write a scanner using
something like Flex.  See the .l files in the source tree.  Rather than
scanning a file (or stdin), these scanners scan memory allocated by the
editor when a source file is loaded in.

Ben