Highlight region and keyboard insertion point get mismatchedinfile open dialog box

Albert Wong awong@cs.washington.edu
Mon Jul 24 20:24:00 GMT 2000

> > >    To reproduce this:
> > >     - Get to a file open dialog box somehow (like File|Open Project)
> > >     - Type in something in the filename field
> > >     - click on  a folder
> > >     - try to select a sub region (before the last char) of what you typed
> > >     - type something else, which you'd expect to replace the highlighted
> > >       text
> > >
> > > I was unable to reproduce this.  What plaform are you running S-N on?
> >
> > I'm running on Redhat 6.2 with XFree4.0.1.
>
> I was un-able to reproduce on RedHat 6.2 with XFree86-3.3.6-20

Odd...I've tried it multiple times and I'm still getting it.  How are you
performing the selection?  I'm clicking in the middle of the text and
dragging immediately after clicking on a folder.  Subsequent clicks
position the cursor and the select region in the expected place, but the
initial click and drag does something funny here.

-Albert