Bug report

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz@slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 24 19:43:00 GMT 2000

   I couldn't find on the Web a better address to submit a bug
report.   Please forward to a more proper address.

   This in an installation bug.  I did the following and snavigator
failed to run...

- download source, unzip, untar.

- configure  (no options, system is Red Hat Linux 6.1 on Intel platform)

- make

- su'ed to root and did `make install'.

- quit root session, did `rehash' and typed `snavigator' which failed
  on `sn_tcl_tk_init' (or something like that).

   Grep'ing as myself in /usr/local/share I found...

cd /usr/local/share/
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 -e grep -n -e sn_tcl_tk_init
grep: ./sdk/include/db.h: Permission denied
grep: ./sdk/include/cdefs.h: Permission denied
grep: ./gui/tclIndex: Permission denied
./gui/sninit.tcl:772:proc sn_tcl_tk_init {} {

After su'ing to root and fixing these permissions, then snavigator
launched and operated fine under my user account.

P.S.

   I've considered many times buying a 5-10 user license for Source
Navigator.   But I could never quite justify it because someone else
on my site has already bought a 25 user license for SNiFF+ which is
more or less an equivalent product.   Source Navigator is considerablely
easier to use on a new project than SNiFF+, thus with it becoming
GPL'd, the choice is obvious.