SourceNavigator compilation and installation ...

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Sun Jul 23 23:51:00 GMT 2000

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Stefan Eilers wrote:

> Hello !
>
> Thanks for this great product !
>
> I have to tell you, that your installation forgotten to set the
> read-permission (for all) of a file. Therefore the navigator wasn't able
> to start, if something else than root tried!
>
> The File which wasn't right: "/usr/local/share/gui/tclIndex"
>
> If this problem only occured on my system, please contact me. I will
> tell you more details of my installation, to help finding the problem
> ... !

This is a known problem, but thanks for getting back to us.

Just to let everyone know, there is a mailing list archive
for the project.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/sourcenav/2000-q3/

A quick look at this page should tell you if a problem
you are running into has already been reported. We
are also going to have a real bug database up an
running soon and that will make things easier.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc