SN freezes when importing file with malformed code

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Sun Jul 23 22:12:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Albert Wong wrote:

> 	I just compiled and installed source navigator for the first time
> and tried to create a new project, importing a source tree I had.  The
> source tree was mostly c++, except at some point, I had accidentally
> overwritten one of the .cc files with a code from a lisp-like language,
> and when importing that code, Source Navigator just froze.  Is this
> suppoed to happen?  I'd think that there'd be some checks for malformed
> input.

Albert, could you create a really small test case for this problem
and post it to the list? If you can get it down to one file in
a directory that would be best. Did SN freeze and never come back
or did it start working again after some amount of time? We
need a test case to be able to figure out if SN is getting
stuck or if it is that parser that is getting stuck.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc