Problem building Sourcenav under Cygwin (latest)

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Sun Jul 16 09:11:00 GMT 2000

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Mike Davies wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed the latest cygwin ,  and apart from creating a HOME
> variable and some directories (/build,  /build/src, /build/build, /home,
> home/mike, home/mike/install) it is completely as it came out of the box
> (well,  the net).
>
> I untarred the SN451.tar.gz to /build/src.  Then ran
> "../src/configure --prefix=/home/mike/install" from /build/build which all
> seemed to go OK.  When I ran make in /build/build I got this error at the
> end :

Keep in mind that building sourcenav under Cygwin is
still "on the cutting edge", so you should expect to
have some problems. The build process is well tested
under Linux, not so much under Cygwin.

Try setting CFLAGS="-g -mno-cygwin" and then rerun
./configure. That should get rid of the #include
problems, but it is likely there are others
lurking in there, so you might need to do a bit of hacking.
The build support under Cygwin will be much improved
in the first development snapshot for 5.0.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc