Toolchain Infrastructure project statement of support

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh@gotplt.org
Fri Oct 14 12:33:20 GMT 2022

On 2022-10-13 14:25, Christopher Faylor via Overseers wrote:
> Also, the FSF, being the existing fiscal sponsor to these projects,
> surely needs to review the formal agreements before we sunset our
> infrastructural offerings to glibc, gcc, binutils, and gdb and hand
> control of the projects' infrastructure over to a different entity.

I believe Nick at least has said that for binutils they would like to
use both, i.e. mirror some of the LF offerings with sourceware (or vice
versa, I suppose it's Nick's call to take) and that'll probably be the
case for glibc and gcc as well over the years.  So sunset, whenever that
will be and whatever it'll look like, will likely be a while.

Sid