BBB instances

Ian Kelling iank@fsf.org
Wed Sep 21 03:23:52 GMT 2022

Elena Zannoni via Overseers <overseers@sourceware.org> writes:

> Hi, Mark, Frank, Chris,
> one of the things that was discussed at Cauldron was that it would be
> good to have BBB easily available for community meetings etc. Imagine a
> group of developers want to exchange ideas about some implementation
> details, etc. If they could just jump onto a BBB room on sourceware it
> would be a cool thing to have.
>
> Any thoughts on doing something like that?
>
> elena

About BBB, It currently includes MongoDB in it's server software, which
went nonfree a few years ago. You can still run an older version which
is all free software and BBB upstream is looking at ways to switch to a
free database. However, right now, I wouldn't deploy a new instance of
BBB. For simple web based video conference, I'd look at Jitsi Meet.
Other options: GNU Jami, but that requires installing a
client. Nextcloud Talk looks interesting but I haven't tried it yet.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF