Moving buildbot master to sourceware

Frank Ch. Eigler fche@redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 15:24:39 GMT 2022

Hi -

On Mon, Apr 04, 2022 at 12:02:06PM +0200, Mark Wielaard via Overseers wrote:
> For several years now I have been running the buildbot master for
> various sourceware projects (bzip2, debugedit, dwz, elfutils,
> libabigail, valgrind and gccrs - that last one not actually on
> sourceware yet, but we'll get there eventually) on
> https://builder.wildebeest.org/buildbot/
>
> I would like to move this officially to sourceware now [...]

Why not.

> The bike shed items for installing this on sourceware are:
> [...]

All those look fine to me.

> Once setup the real work is on the projects using the buildbot to
> define and coordinating with the volunteers running the buildbot
> workers [...]

If people are happy with a pooled trust model where all project
worker/buildbot operators trust all buildbot-master admins, sure.

Perhaps one can encourage further donation of buildbots by publishing
instructions about how to set them up in a secure way, meaning for
example that the bots can't access/hurt the donor's network.

- FChE