sourceware move

Frank Ch. Eigler fche@redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 19:16:00 GMT 2020

Hi -

I am planning to spend a chunk of this current year's current month in
getting sourceware.org moved over to the new hardware (also sponsored
by Red Hat) at our RDU data center.

I plan to track progress generally at this here wiki page, and will
chat nonstop on #overseers IRC.
https://sourceware.org/sourceware-wiki/MigrationWorkItems/

I'd appreciate a fanout of the news of the likely weekend-ish outage
when the final switchover is done, probably toward the end of month.
Just please prep your communities at this time.

I'd appreciate contact from the dns owner for sourceware.org (ian?) to
arrange the needed NS changes.  We may be able to set up transitional
records there immediately.  The key is adding an NS record that points
to server2.sourceware.org, which eventually would become the primary.

- FChE