FW: Possible corrupt file...

Christopher Faylor cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@sourceware.org
Thu Nov 3 19:22:00 GMT 2011


On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 09:13:43AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>Logra Short <logra_short@live.co.uk> writes:
>>Sorry to tell you this, but one of the files on your ftp side of the
>>site may be corrupt.  ??As, that's what the install tries to tell me,
>>at least.  ??How true this is is hard to??ascertain??on my side, of
>>course.
>>
>>In short, when trying to startup a Cigwin install of Fontforge, I have
>>a little problem with the??setup.bz2.sig file, which steadfastly
>>refuses to verify.
>>
>>I just thought you might like to know this, as I know how I feel if
>>people find errors they don't tell me about when I'm in charge of
>>anything.  ??And, then promptly go on to bathe me in flames...  at
>>length.  ??Fun!
>
>Thanks for the report.  Can you tell us exactly which file you are
>trying to download, and exactly how you are downloading it?

Actually, since this is a Cygwin issue, please just report it to the
Cygwin mailing list.  However, since the list isn't flooded with "unable
to install" problems, I don't think there is a problem here.

cgf



More information about the Overseers mailing list