CVS/fileattr files not owned by anoncvs

Ian Lance Taylor ian@airs.com
Sat Sep 25 21:06:00 GMT 2004


Christopher Faylor <me@cgf.cx> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 09:04:19PM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> >Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:
> >>We had another episode of the 'branch attribute does not match file'
> >>CVS bug, and while checking that everything was back in order I noticed
> >>a large number of fileattr files that are not owned by anoncvs.  This
> >>is not something I can fix.
> >
> >Fixed.  Thanks.
> 
> Ian, is it possible that the only consequence of a fileattr not owned
> by anoncvs is slower access for anoncvs checkouts?  Or could there
> be other consequences?

Well, I was going to say that it could cause failures on cvs update.
But I guess anoncvs shouldn't be doing a cvs update anyhow.

Maybe there wouldn't be any particular consequences.

Ian



More information about the Overseers mailing list