sourceware irc channel?

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Sat May 22 05:15:00 GMT 2004


Jason Molenda <jason-swarelist@molenda.com> writes:

> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 02:05:11PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Would it be worthwhile to have an external sourceware irc channel
> > so that we could discuss problems in real time?
> 
> 
> I've never used irc before (I'm a superluzer, I know); is there
> anything I need to know when grabbing a client (like a type of
> protocol or something)?  I'm on MacOS X so specific client 
> recommendations are unlikely to be help for me. ;-)

The client needs to support the IRC protocol, which I think is the
oldest one.

Other chat/messaging protocols are AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, MSN, Jabber, etc.
Although you didn't want a client recommendation, I'll mention that I
use the gaim client myself.

Ian



More information about the Overseers mailing list