www out of space

Christopher Faylor cgf@alum.bu.edu
Fri Apr 9 22:26:00 GMT 2004


On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:24:53PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:17:20PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:10:47PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>>>/dev/vg1/lvol6        23980436  22742628         0 100% /sourceware/www
>>
>>ARGH.  It had a little less than a gigabyte yesterday.
>>
>>I wonder if the fsck reset the free space.
>
>Nope.  It looks like something gobbled up 700MB in 21 hours.

I added another 1.7G to /sourceware/www.

(Sorry, Daniel, I killed two of your bash processes accessing that area
since you didn't seem to be doing anything there and I needed to umount
and fsck it.)

I don't know if fche is still planning on doing something with /dev/sdc2
but, if not, we should probably move at least the logs directory to that
partition to reduce the likelihood of this happening again.

I also blocked the !@(*&( idiots who caused this to happen.  I thought
I'd previously blocked the robots responsible for this kind of thing
at the httpd level but obviously I hadn't succeeded.

Jason, are you responsible for the HTTP_USER_AGENT RewriteEngine stuff
in httpd.conf?  Could you see what I'm doing wrong with the "MS Search
4.0 Robot" detection?

cgf



More information about the Overseers mailing list