libstdc++ list still thinks it's at sources.redhat.com

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 12:37:00 GMT 2001


>   > ...because that's where I have access to put stuff up for ftp. People seem 
>   > to be confused about this: it seems likely that a libstdc++ directory on th
>   > e  main gcc server is the clearest solution for end-users.
> Actually you have permissions to get to both FTP areas :-)

Doh! Whoops.

>   > what I need are the contents of the pub/libstdc++ directory moved 
>   > from sourceware over to the gcc ftp servers.
> That's easy enough :-)
> 
> mv ~ftp/pub/libstdc++ ~ftp/pub/gcc/
> 
> Or something similar depending on exactly where in the GCC ftp tree you
> want the libstdc++-v3 bits to appear.

Here's a sample mirror:

ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/gcc/
ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/libstdc++/

I'm assuming that what we want as the final form is something like

ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/gcc/libstdc++/
ftp://ftp.freesoftware.com/pub/sourceware/gcc/libjava/

etc.

I think this will work. As long as nobody objects, I'll do this today.

I just looked around, and it looks like the gnu 
mirrors were hand-mirroring libstdc++-v3, plus sourceware mirrors. Oh 
well. Hopefully this will consolidate some of the duplicates.

-benjamin


More information about the Overseers mailing list