[PATCH 2/3] newlib: riscv: Optimize memchr() and memrchr()

Eric Salem ericsalem@gmail.com
Thu May 8 03:28:57 GMT 2025


Hi Kito,

On 5/7/25 8:19 PM, Kito Cheng wrote:
> Hi Eric:
> 
> Here is a local GCC patch for zilsd code gen, could you try that?
> I believe this should just fix that on the compiler side...
> let me know if further issue you found or you don't know how to build gcc
> Plan to push this to upstream GCC later if there is no further issue :)
> 
> https://github.com/kito-cheng/gcc/tree/kitoc/zilsd-codegen

I should've asked before attempting to build this... :)

GCC just finished building after around 1.5 hours, but I get an error 
when I try to compile with -march=rv32i as a sanity test. It doesn't 
recognize the architecture.

I had just --with-multilib passed to the configure script. Any idea what 
else I should've passed? When I try again with either --with-arch or
--with-abi and pass the relevant RISC-V value, it fails to build when
running make.

Eric


More information about the Newlib mailing list