-Wall
Mike Frysinger
vapier@gentoo.org
Fri Jan 19 15:38:41 GMT 2024
On 19 Jan 2024 13:55, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> if you saw my today's pushes, you're aware that I only found a bug
> because I used -Wall. I fixed the bug and a few less crucial warnings.
>
> I did NOT fix the warnings in code we took verbatim from some BSDs,
> which often contain unused variables, or in some cases expressions which
> are deemed to profit from extra paranthesis, e. g.
>
> if (a >= 0 ^ b == 0)
>
> For that reason, I'd like to suggest to add -Wall by default to the
> build flags for newlib, just as it is already for ages in the Cygwin
> tree.
>
> Anybody having a strong opinion, pro or contra?
enabling -Wall by default sounds fine. if you wanted to include any -Werror,
that would require more effort/tooling like putting it all behind a new flag
like --enable-werror.
-mike
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20240119/122f75ea/attachment.sig>
More information about the Newlib
mailing list