Adding aio.h and mqueue.h

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 17:10:41 GMT 2022

On Dec  2 08:15, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 4:07 AM Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec  1 18:22, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> > > As long as the licensing is shared-newlib-compatible (non-GPL), it should
> > > be ok.
> > >
> > > -- Jeff J.
> >
> > Cygwin already comes with aio.h and mqueue.h headers.
> >
> > Ideally they are reused for newlib, or the new aio.h/mqueue.h headers
> > are checked that they provide the same definitions and replace the
> > Cygwin-only ones.
> >

> OK. So the same defines with the same values? Anything cygwin specific
> goes into an ifdef, etc. I vaguely recall doing this before for other
> header files.

There shouldn't be much Cygwin-specifc in these files and they are quite
short.  Please check the Cygwin files against the files from RTEMS.
Maybe it makes sense to use them instead and just add the (minor)
differences to Cygwin.  If the types used have the same size and the
same signedness, there shouldn't be much of a problem anyway.

However, I'd like to defer this by a few days or weeks.  We're just
in the beta phase for Cygwin 3.4, and I would rather have stable
headers for now :}

Thanks,
Corinna