RISC-V crt0.S

Liviu Ionescu ilg@livius.net
Sat Jun 11 15:56:27 GMT 2022

Hi,

I tried to use the RISC-V semihosting configuration, and I noticed that crt0.S is very simple, and does not process the command line arguments, as per Arm semihosting specs.

Then I tried to override _startup() with my own version, and I noticed that the function is not defined as weak, so I had to name mine differently, and call it from the reset handler.

It would be great to bring the RISC-V semihosting crt0.S to the same functionality level of Arm semihosting.

Regards,

Liviu