nds broken by recent patches

Stafford Horne shorne@gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 02:12:05 GMT 2022

On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 05:58:46PM -0700, Jeff Law wrote:

> On 1/28/2022 4:32 PM, Stafford Horne wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 02:54:24PM -0700, Jeff Law wrote:
> > > Replying to myself...

> > > I think I've tracked this done.  The change to internalize
> > > HAVE_INITFINI_ARRAY wasn't complete.  It missed newlib.  Affects aarch64,
> > > arm, or1k and cris -elf ports.  I don't test for former pair, but I do test
> > > the latter pair.   or1k and cris fail differently. or1k-elf code fails to
> > > link, while cris-elf fails a few tests that rely on ctor/dtor support.
> > Is there anything I can help with here for or1k-elf?  Or was this something I
> > did wrong with ff7b7b894 ("libgloss: or1k: If available call the init for
> > init_array")?
> It's a trivial goof in some recent refactoring in newlib.
>

> > I haven't rebuilt my newlib toolchain since last year or so.
> Which raises an interesting set of questions.  Is or1k at a point where we
> can cross build glibc & the kernel using upstream bits?    Is qemu user mode
> emulation available?  The former pair would be a step forward from a testing
> standpoint.  If we had the latter too, then we could build a rootfs and do
> native 3-stage testing in a chroot.

Now that glibc is upstream I guess the answer is yes.

I have been building a buildroot using my glibc braches/now on master (maybe
some buildroot patches need to be upstreamed to tell buildroot or1k has glibc
support).

With that we can test using qemu user mode.  I used to use qemu user mode to test
the glibc test-suite but not all syscalls are emulated so there were some tests
that would fail.

-Stafford