correctly rounded mathematical functions

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann@inria.fr
Thu Jan 6 10:12:02 GMT 2022

       Dear Joel,

> I hate to ask since I know this is unrelated but what is the best source for
> properly licensed and accurate long double methods. I am still hoping that
> part of an RTEMS GSoC project is to merge them from somewhere into
> newlib.

as far as I know, four libraries provide long double functions:
GNU libc, Intel Math Library, OpenLibm and Musl. See Table 11 from
https://members.loria.fr/PZimmermann/papers/accuracy.pdf.

And of course we also plan to provide (correctly rounded) long double
functions, acos and cbrt are already available on the CORE-MATH page.

> And I'm thrilled at all the autoconf/automake work. That has really
> been a challenge
> for students.

Best regards,
Paul