Implementing a heap watermark

Federico Terraneo fede.tft@hotmail.it
Mon Nov 9 14:08:53 GMT 2020

Dear Rob,
functionality is available in the Miosix OS, which uses newlib. You can
have a look at the code to see how to implement such a functionality.

The functionality you are interested in is the getAbsoluteFreeHeap()
member function of the MemoryProfiling class.

https://github.com/fedetft/miosix-kernel/blob/master/miosix/util/util.h#L88

It is implemented in terms of getMaxHeap() function that tracks heap
requests directly from _sbrk_r

https://github.com/fedetft/miosix-kernel/blob/master/miosix/stdlib_integration/libc_integration.cpp#L61

Hope this helps,
Federico