Symlinks in Newlib break mingw host builds

Joel Sherrill joel@rtems.org
Mon Feb 10 16:09:00 GMT 2020

Hi

The following patch in newlib adds links as part of the i386/x86_64 fenv
support. Windows does not have symlinks and it is emulated as copy.
This complicates a bsdtar extraction of source.

 https://github.com/RTEMS/sourceware-mirror-newlib-
 cygwin/commit/cfc4955234828881145a20987c8a0a3cd373585c

 We tried to extract the tar file a second time, this has worked with
other tar files with symlinks however it does not work. We don't know why.

My current best idea is to replace all the symlinks in those libm
directories
with a short file that includes the file instead of symlinking to it.

Any other thoughts to eliminate the symlinks since they cause issues.

--joel