Making newlib tests work again

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Mon Dec 16 23:31:00 GMT 2019

Joel Sherrill <joel@rtems.org> writes:

> Personally, I'd like to see the tests working. I would like to see them
> running on RTEMS.

I think we should probably verify that things actually work before
merging upstream. Right now, I'm testing them in picolibc which has
enough support for building on RISC-V and ARM that it can generate
stand-alone executables to run under qemu, using semihosting for
I/O and exit status.

If you've got a complete toolchain for RTEMS that allows the creation of
stand-alone executables, then perhaps that would be a reasonable way to
verify that the changes build and work in newlib.

--
-keith